Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Tamarind Thai - Waverton, Sydney

Some days, all you feel like is the closest and most convenient meal around. The north shore options are mostly concentrated around the Crows Nest and Neutral Bay area, though there are a couple of other hidden gems around the quieter suburbs.

Tamarind Thai was one of my Waverton locals, which I've always walked past before and after work, but managed to never have ventured in.

These complimentary prawn crackers are seriously tasty and addictive. I always find myself polishing them off in a flash, even before the ordering starts.

 
Tamarind Thai specials board

Steamed marinated chicken mince with honey sauce

Crispy prawns with green mango salad

I always enjoy a green mango or papaya salad when ordering thai, as it is very appetising and helps cut through the richness of the other dishes.

Red curry with vegetables


Massamun curry

The curries are fragrant, and whilst it still has some way to go compared to my favourite thai restaurants in the city, it is a decent local version.

Fried rice

Waverton is a fabulous area to go for an after meal wander, through Ball's head and even check out the cool little community garden they have at the Coal Loader.




Tamarind Thai on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Sherrie Huang said...

Love papaya salads though they can get extremely spicy!

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Those prawn crackers look like the real deal. And now I have the biggest craving for green mango salad!

Karen N said...

sherrie - have to agree there! I can only handle so much spice at once

Helen - I wish they sold them in packs!