Wednesday, 20 November 2013

C Dine Bar - Kingston Foreshore, Sydney

C Dine Bar is a fresh new restaurant that has popped up along the Kingston Foreshore. It's an excellent spot with views of Lake Burley Griffin, and a great selection of seats inside, or outside to soak up the sunshine. I especially enjoy watching all the Saturday bike riders whiz past. 

It's been a good couple of months since my last visit to Canberra, and it's exciting to see new places like this popping up.

C Dine Bar menu

The restaurant is a cross between casual and fine dining, with friendly and attentive service during our Saturday lunch visit.

Unfortunately, one of the dishes I was super keen to try out, the crab ravioli, was unavailable - I have bookmarked this for my next visit! We amended our choices and instead opted for two entrees and a main instead. I always seem to find the entrees more appealing for some reason.

Scallops

Scallops are my 'must order' item, and these are tasty and quite substantial due to the accompanying green pea & bacon risotto, pecorino and carrot foam

Mussels

A very generous sized entree with the delicious morsels covered in pernod, cream, bacon, leek, herbs, and served with a hearty portion of crisp pomme frites

Vongole linguini

Linguini, vongole, prawns, confit cherry tomatoes, garlic, herbs, olive oil

As always, there is room for dessert. 

Dessert menu

Could not resist the cute sounding 'Cinema' dessert. 

Cinema

Waffle cone, popcorn ice cream, chocolate soil, cola puree, raspberry meringue, popping candy, coconut marshmallow

Interesting concept, but quite expensive for the portion size. Having said that, the entrees and mains were impressive and I am very keen to go back and try more of their menu. 

Also headed to the annual Nara festival, just my luck that is was on the same weekend that I was down!




C Dine Bar on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Sherrie Huang said...

The dessert does look extremely cute though!

Karen N said...

it was a cute dessert! couldn't resist ordering it

Tomalika Hauladar said...

It’s super site, I was looking for something like this international Moving